Full missionary budget history

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
stevekzr

Full missionary budget history

Post by stevekzr »

Hi, I could use some help figuring out how to view a missionary's full budget history. Is there any way in the MLS to see the current balance of a missionary fund, and possibility every donation made (regard of ward/donor)? I'm also wondering how to see if funds have been swept by church headquarters yet? Thanks!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Full missionary budget history

Post by russellhltn »

I believe there's a report called Income/expense that would show that. Just make sure to have the date range cover the entire range.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

stevekzr wrote:Hi, I could use some help figuring out how to view a missionary's full budget history. Is there any way in the MLS to see the current balance of a missionary fund, and possibility every donation made
What you need is the Income and Expense Report. In the dropdown in the upper right corner, choose Detail by Subcategory, and then select the subcategory of Ward Missionary for the desired missionary. Change the date range to be "All". This will show you all donations made to the ward on behalf of this missionary, and all expenses (which would be all the monthly payments deducted by Church headquarters) during the time your ward had financial responsibility for the missionary.
stevekzr wrote:(regard of ward/donor)?
This will include all donations made in your ward. However, your MLS system has no way to see any donations made in another ward if responsibility for the missionary was assigned to a different ward for part of the mission.

Note that the new online donations system does allow members of other wards to make donations to a missionary serving from your ward, but that's a different question. As long as your ward has financial responsibility for the missionary at the time the donation is made, your ward's financial records will show that donation as being credited to the missionary's subcategory.

If financial responsibility was with another ward for part of the mission, you'll have to coordinate with them to get a full accounting (which they may or may not be willing to do -- they have to respect the privacy of the donors involved).
stevekzr wrote:I'm also wondering how to see if funds have been swept by church headquarters yet?
By "swept" I assume you're asking about the monthly debits to the account. If so, the answer is yes -- the Income and Expense Detail Report shows both donations and expenses.
sjfriend0111

Post by sjfriend0111 »

Would like to say thank you for the answers here. It help me answer a members question as well as my own.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”