Transfer from Other:Member funded to Other:Perpetual Education

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
gmillard

Transfer from Other:Member funded to Other:Perpetual Education

Post by gmillard »

When tithing was processed, a member allocated an amount for Other (Specify), but did not write in the intended purpose. The amount was allocated to a general "other: member funded activity" account. I have since found out the member intended to have the money go to the Perpetual Education Fund, but when I tried to transfer the amount, I was unable to do so. I was only allowed to transfer to another Other: Member funded activity account. Do I need to write a check from the Ward, charging the Other:member funded activity account and process it with tithing for the Perpetual Education Fund?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Transfer from Other:Member funded to Other:Perpetual Education

Post by russellhltn »

Rather than transfer, can you reclassify the donation? That would be cleaner if it can be done. In part because I think it would affect the tax status of the donation - something a transfer will not fix.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
gmillard

Post by gmillard »

How do I do that?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

gmillard wrote:How do I do that?
Go to the donation batch. Call up the specific donation for this member. Change the category of the donation from the general other to the Perpetual Education Fund. Save.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”