Security Failure in Transmitting

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
David.Henderson-p40

Security Failure in Transmitting

Post by David.Henderson-p40 »

On Sunday I got a new error I haven't seen before when transmitting to HQ.
It basically said that the transmission failed.
The error message said something like "Security Failure, please contact your local church administration office for assistance" and it would not transmit.
Earlier in the day I had transmitted a batch.
This transmission was for checks that I had written out for reimbursement.
Obviously I can't deliver the checks to people until things transmit correctly.
Any advice?

Possible problems I can see deal with the fact that our stake just split and we are now part of a new stake. They also changed our ward's name. . . which I'm not sure how that affects our account.
So I may have not done something that I was supposed to do when the split happened.
Any suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

David.Henderson wrote:On Sunday I got a new error I haven't seen before when transmitting to HQ.
The error message said something like "Security Failure, please contact your local church administration office for assistance" and it would not transmit.
For this type of error you should do just as the message says and contact Clerk Support at 800-453-3860 extension 23500. They have to a security reset from their end.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

David.Henderson wrote:On Sunday I got a new error I haven't seen before when transmitting to HQ.
Earlier in the day I had transmitted a batch.
This transmission was for checks that I had written out for reimbursement.
Obviously I can't deliver the checks to people until things transmit correctly.
Any advice?

Possible problems I can see deal with the fact that our stake just split and we are now part of a new stake. They also changed our ward's name. . . which I'm not sure how that affects our account.
So I may have not done something that I was supposed to do when the split happened.
Any suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks
Two ideas:

It could be related to the transmission errors reported in this thread. If so, there's not really a problem. But that doesn't seem to fit exactly what you are seeing.

Otherwise, I would check to make sure that the transmission really didn't happen by looking at one of the checks and see if its status is "Not Sent"; if that's the case, then the transmission truly didn't happen. Then I would do the following:
  1. Usually the Security Failure is caused by a new installation or a restoration of a backup. But perhaps it may also be related to a stake split. Basically there is a security mechanism on transmissions to make sure that your ward's data is being transmitted to CHQ from your ward's PC. If this is the case, just call Clerk Support and they can reset the security immediately so that you can transmit right away.
  2. If you can't fix the Security Failure right away, remember that you can always call Clerk Support with the details of checks when you are having transmission problems so that you can give the checks to the payees without delay. But if none of the checks are urgent and you can fix the transmission fairly soon, there is no need for this extra step.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”