Electronic Transfers for UK

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Michaeljefferyjones

Re: Electronic Transfers for UK

Post by Michaeljefferyjones »

EFT has not made it easier re expenses as you will see from an email I sent to Frankfurt. I have received a reply stating that the 3 issues I have raised will be discussed with SLC Tuesday. I hope this will be of interest to all Ward Clerk, aged 72 and still learning.All names in the email are fictitious,except for the Office of Bishop.
The Power Point presentation does not resolve the three issues that I have.

Issue 1.

The EFT went through but not accepted by bank as there was an error by one digit in the account number. Another EFT was started and the correct A/C number was entered,however EFT program issued an error message stating that there is an error in the bank details,and would not allow the EFT to be completed

Issue 2 The payee is say Michelle Brown but the bank account is a joint account and the bank account name is Mr A N Other & Mrs F Other. EFT response is Error in bank details as it appears it will not accept the bank account name even though it is correct. EFT not completed

Issue 3 The payee is say Helen Anguish (who is divorced )(reverted back to her maiden as per her name on the membership records) however her bank account name is still in her married name of Hudspeth,EFT error message stated bank details are in error,yet they are correct. EFT not completed.

The Bishop who has a Masters in IT has not been able to resolve these Issues, so it appears that the EFT software is too inflexible to allow the payee name to be different from the Bank account name
simonawright

Post by simonawright »

Thanks for the update, I will keep an eye out for that. Out of curiosity:

Do you still see the old payee list or do you start with a blank list and have to add new payees with their bank details?

When you had 2 entries for one individual (correct and incorrect bank account) did you see both listed when it came to selecting the payee?

We get the download tommorrow, will let you know if we have any issues.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

We start next week, so I'm very interested in the outcome to these problems and scenarios!
simonawright

Post by simonawright »

I had my first go at entering expenses last night, these are the issues I came across and reported to the GSC:

Everytime I was asked to save something I had to click twice on the save button for it to be saved, clicking once seemed to have no effect.

After entering the expenses I authorised them and then they dissappeared, I had no chance to print the report with the expenses listed. It did offer to print a report but it was lacking any expense information. I was able to print a list of the expenses entered by going to view/update expenses and do a custom report with yesterdays date only.

I was advised by the Area office in Frankfurt to enter what the expense was for in the reference number field for any expenses to members. This field only accepts numbers which makes the suggestion impossible. We might have to create our own reference system

I was told that MLS would remember the details entered, I had a look immediately after doing these expenses and the bank details were no longer there, which means that, for now, I will need the members to always send their bank details.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”