Electronic Transfers for UK

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Biggles

Re: Electronic Transfers for UK

Post by Biggles »

simonawright wrote: then expenses they should get easier too.
It will also mean that we shouldn't get exceptions every month from members who have forgotten to deposit their cheques! ;)
Michaeljefferyjones

Post by Michaeljefferyjones »

Thanks Simon, you have been a great help
Michael
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

We've just been notified that training has been arranged for next week and that we go live with the system on August 18th.
Michaeljefferyjones

We are live already. The ETF Form is A Four size. the member fills it in,staples the receipts to it ,gives it to the bishop who signs it and gives to the Clerk. It will take longer,and you will have to be really carefull in filling in the bank details on MLS.
I have already emailed the form to the Ward Council with an explaination on what to do.No come backs as yet. For those members who cannot afford to pay up front you can transfer monies into their account then wait for the receipts for those who cannot have funds paid into their account ( Large Overdraft)you can pay into another person account say Relief Society President I was advised to be creative. At leasrt I had one piece of good news. Our ward was the first to complete the Audit and no exceptions either.The ETF form was a difficult attachment to open as it was an excel file but being " creative" managed to sort it out.
Michaeljefferyjones

Oh if you want to see what the form is like I can email a copy my email address is michael.jones2004@blueyonder.co.uk
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

I've just been sent the form by our Stake Clerk. No problem opening it in Word 2003. Printed it as a PDF file, thus keeping the original intact and able to print new forms as and when needed!

EDIT: Just seen your offer, but as you can see already sorted. Thanks!
Michaeljefferyjones

I would like to thank everyone for the help give. I am know aware of what I have to do. It was much easier when I was Ward Clerk at London North Ward,there I had a finance clerk
Biggles

Re: Wireless Survey of church building with Netspot

Post by Biggles »

What's a Finance Clerk(?) :)
Michaeljefferyjones

Some one you can have if you are lucky. London North was a big Ward then in the egighties. Thats when Somon Dewey the artist was a member then
Michaeljefferyjones

EFT does not make expenses easier as I have found out. I have submitted the following email to Frankfurt and hopefully the issues will be resolved. I hope that you will find these remarks of interest. The names are fictitious.
The Power Point presentation does not resolve the three issues that I have.

Issue 1.

The EFT went through but not accepted by bank as there was an error by one digit in the account number. Another EFT was started and the correct A/C number was entered,however EFT program issued an error message stating that there is an error in the bank details,and would not allow the EFT to be completed

Issue 2 The payee is say Michelle Brown but the bank account is a joint account and the bank account name is Mr A N Other & Mrs F Other. EFT response is Error in bank details as it appears it will not accept the bank account name even though it is correct. EFT not completed

Issue 3 The payee is say Helen Anguish (who is divorced )(reverted back to her maiden as per her name on the membership records) however her bank account name is still in her married name of Hudspeth,EFT error message stated bank details are in error,yet they are correct. EFT not completed.

The Bishop who has a Masters in IT has not been able to resolve these Issues, so it appears that the EFT software is too inflexible to allow the payee name to be different from the Bank account name

Return to “Local Unit Finance”