3 Checks, one applied to wrong donor, batch closed

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
unculturedswine

3 Checks, one applied to wrong donor, batch closed

Post by unculturedswine »

A member came to me and said that several weeks back they had paid with 3 checks, and 1 of the checks was from her son, but there was not a separate donation slip for his check so we entered in all 3 checks under the same name.

I can see where I can change the donation amount, but I'm unable to delete the check (which makes sense). Is there any way to make a new donation, and then move the check?

(I have found the donation in question)
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: 3 Checks, one applied to wrong donor, batch closed

Post by aebrown »

unculturedswine wrote:A member came to me and said that several weeks back they had paid with 3 checks, and 1 of the checks was from her son, but there was not a separate donation slip for his check so we entered in all 3 checks under the same name.

I can see where I can change the donation amount, but I'm unable to delete the check (which makes sense). Is there any way to make a new donation, and then move the check?
Don't make a new donation; instead, edit the existing donation and use the New Slip button to create a new slip for the son. Record his donation there, and adjust the original slip to have the reduced amounts.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”