Donation Tracking To Identify Needs?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
jbillh

Donation Tracking To Identify Needs?

Post by jbillh »

Hello Brothers,

So, we are interested if compiling a bit of a spreadsheet that can be useful for our Bishop to identify financial and/or spiritual needs that are not known. Essentially, a mechanism to help the Bishop "seek out the poor and needy" in our ward.

The idea is to be able to see trends in the payment of tithes and offerings for each individual so we can detect major changes that might indicate either financial or spiritual needs that have otherwise not been identified.

Is there a way to extrapolate such trend data from the MLS system? If so, how is this best accomplished?

If this is not possible, I'd like to suggest it as a feature that might be very useful in a future update of the system.

Thanks Much & May God Bless You and Yours,

Bro. Bill Hanover
Finance Clerk
River Heights, UT 1st Ward
(435) 792-4380
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Donation Tracking To Identify Needs?

Post by russellhltn »

As far as I know, there's no way to export that information from MLS. Personally, I think the membership would be unhappy to learn that their donations are being tracked in that manner.

It's the role of the HT and VT to gain the confidence of members and to alert if there's a problem.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jbillh

Re: Donation Tracking To Identify Needs?

Post by jbillh »

Thanks for your response.

Of course many things are tracked but used properly for the building of the Kingdom. Just trying to use the tools available to meet our member's needs.

God Bless,

Bro. Bill

Return to “Local Unit Finance”