Get a total of Fast Offerings Medical

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
tubaloth

Get a total of Fast Offerings Medical

Post by tubaloth »

I don't know if there is an easy way of getting this value.

When filling out a fast offering medical expense there is a number of fields we fill out.
Who the check is to -- usually a Doctor or Hospital
The purpose -- We put some short hand code of who it is for and what it was. (each ward clerk doing it different).
The amount
When we select it is for Fast Offering MLS requires us to select which individual in the ward it is for.

For Medical Fast offerings the Bishop can only do $5k. I'm to the point I need to know how close the person is to the 5k limit. I can't find an easy way to get this number.
Is there no way to see Fast Offers paid by individual?

Right now I go into expenses I filter by category Fast Offering Medical. I then do a custom date search from the day the bishop was put in. This still lists all medical checks written. I then sort the purpose column and have to go through each one to figure out if it was for this person. I then add all of those up.

The point being there is a lot of room for error. I'm hoping we put the purpose in correctly.
Is there not a better way? Get a list by individual?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Get a total of Fast Offerings Medical

Post by aebrown »

tubaloth wrote:Is there not a better way? Get a list by individual?
Use a Fast Offering Recipient Report, as described in this post.
adamwooten

Re: Get a total of Fast Offerings Medical

Post by adamwooten »

Note that this still requires some manual calculation. If the recipient has also received other types of fast offering help, you can then sort by type to group all medical expenses together in the list. [We break up fast offering expenses into housing, medical, utilities, other.] Then you'll need to add each expense manually to calculate a total.

MLS would greatly benefit from the following enhancements:
  • Calculation of subtotals for each expense type in the fast offering recipient report.
  • Flag, warning, or request/requirement for stake approval upon entering an expense when medical fast offering expenses per recipient exceed the $5k, $10k, or $25k thresholds described in Handbook 1, sections 5.1.2 and 5.2.6.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”