Husbands and wives showing up on the same Tithe settlement

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Mastin.agee

Husbands and wives showing up on the same Tithe settlement

Post by Mastin.agee »

I have had several sisters upset that when they tithe it shows up under their husbands name, simply because they indicate both names on the tithe. Is there a way to get both names on one tithing settlement. It has been said that, it once was like this, but I do not remember personally.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Husbands and wives showing up on the same Tithe settleme

Post by aebrown »

Mastin.agee wrote:I have had several sisters upset that when they tithe it shows up under their husbands name, simply because they indicate both names on the tithe. Is there a way to get both names on one tithing settlement. It has been said that, it once was like this, but I do not remember personally.
Each donation can be connected to only one donor, and a donor record can be connected to only one Membership Record Number. Thus all the joint donations for a couple will be tied to just one member (most often this is the husband).

However, the donor record can be edited (in MLS under Add/Update Donors) to indicate that statements should include the spouse's name. If you choose that option, then the donation statements (including the Tithing Settlement Statement) will include both names.
Mastin.agee

Re: Husbands and wives showing up on the same Tithe settleme

Post by Mastin.agee »

Thank you I will give that a try this week. :)

Return to “Local Unit Finance”