donor statements

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
drosenbaum

donor statements

Post by drosenbaum »

In Young Single Adult wards members may end up being in two or more wards during a single calendar year. As a clerk, how do I print a single statement of donations for a member that has resided and submitted donations in multiple wards? Or can I only print a statement that contains donations submitted to the current ward only. Does the member have to go back to each ward they were in and get separate statements from each ward?
eblood66

Re: donor statements

Post by eblood66 »

drosenbaum wrote:In Young Single Adult wards members may end up being in two or more wards during a single calendar year. As a clerk, how do I print a single statement of donations for a member that has resided and submitted donations in multiple wards? Or can I only print a statement that contains donations submitted to the current ward only. Does the member have to go back to each ward they were in and get separate statements from each ward?
The ward where the member resided at the end of the year should receive a PDF from CHQ which contains the complete donation statement for each member who donated in more than one unit. That PDF is found under Finance > Finance Statements and should have arrived at the very end of January or the beginning of February.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: donor statements

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:The ward where the member resided at the end of the year should receive a PDF from CHQ which contains the complete donation statement for each member who donated in more than one unit.
However, this is based in the assumption that the other wards all entered that member's MRN in the donor record. (There's any number of reasons why that might not have happened.) So it's possible the member will have to go back to other wards for their report.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”