Unspecified Other AMFA suddenly goes negative?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
dheilner

Unspecified Other AMFA suddenly goes negative?

Post by dheilner »

Hi all,

Right before I closed out the year, all of my other accounts were positive. Right after I closed out, the unspecified Other Authorities Member-Financed Activities account carried over a negative balance of $302. I don't understand why.

I looked into what specific expense/transfer may have been entered. Went back years and years, and now MLS is showing that the unspecified OAMFA account has been negative for years, which has not been the case. For years, I have made sure to bring that account to zero to avoid an audit exception. I can't point to any one event on why it suddenly is showing up negative for years and years.

With the new audit questions, I hope this doesn't cause an exception. It also is $302 in money that our stake is losing. Advice is appreciated. Thank you.
daveywest

Re: Unspecified Other AMFA suddenly goes negative?

Post by daveywest »

I would call MLS support on this one. There were some bugs closing out the year, and they may be able to help you resolve it quicker than anyone here on this forum.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”