Reimbursement Form/Payment Request Form

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Reimbursement Form/Payment Request Form

Post by russellhltn »

Clever idea. But how does the clerk's filing look? I'm used to full-sheet forms with receipts stapled to them in folders by month.

How does it work with envelopes? Same folder, they just sit in the bottom?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

A while back I moved our stake (stake budget) to an electronic system using jotform.com - it was pretty simple to make the jotform == the paper form we were asking be filled out and additionally they could upload the receipts. Each submission generated an email, + all the forms were saved as pdf on google drive.

I was getting so many email requests for reimbursements that took back and forth, sometimes the electronic receipt was not attached or attached in another email (sometimes in another completely separate conversation) - I felt the need to create this to simplify the process and not get stuff lost in the shuffle.

Our stake was dispersed geographically, so this worked well for quicker reimbursements, etc... no go-betweens to lose them either was a big win - can't tell you how many times a HC lost receipts or forgot to hand stuff in....
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
allenjpl

Post by allenjpl »

After I was released as a finance clerk, I was called to be on the Scout Committee. The reimbursement form had been created at some point in history using Excel. Typically, we just printed it, and had hard copies available for anyone to fill out. Since my new calling involved dealing with a number of expenses, and I don't like to hand write, well, anything, I upgraded our form to permit auto calculation of the expenses while maintaining the look of the form.
Attachments
AVW Request for Reimbursement or Payment Form.xls
(53 KiB) Downloaded 875 times
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

sbradshaw wrote:
pblackrph wrote:We use this form and print it on an envelope. It has worked great for us because they can put the receipts in the envelope and everything is together.
That's a great idea for keeping things organized – I'm going to see about using an envelope form in our stake!
As a follow-up, attached are the new envelope forms we're going to be using on the stake level, and are providing for wards in the stake to use if they would like.
Attachments
Reimbursement Request.pdf
Reimbursement request form (PDF)
(27.45 KiB) Downloaded 897 times
Reimbursement Request.docx
Reimbursement request form (Word)
(62.57 KiB) Downloaded 524 times
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
tubaloth

Post by tubaloth »

Here is the form we use.

Mostly redone because people would keep submitting multiple receipts and making it a pain to figure out taxes. Created this form more to help them understand what is needed.

I'll probably update the form again to just change the order of taxes subtotal mostly to reflect the way MLS has it show up. (Taxes are always first).

I do like the idea of the envelopes (Maybe cost a little more). I'm not sure if I can get enough details (like taxes) on there.
Attachments
ReimbursmentForm.doc
(43.5 KiB) Downloaded 679 times
ckdavis

Post by ckdavis »

When you pull up si.lds.org go to the lower right hand of the page under "Quick links" and the bottom item is "Reimbursement forms for stake teachers"

https://si.lds.org/help/general/finding ... s?lang=eng
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

ckdavis wrote:When you pull up si.lds.org go to the lower right hand of the page under "Quick links" and the bottom item is "Reimbursement forms for stake teachers"
https://si.lds.org/help/general/finding ... s?lang=eng
Seminary expenses don't come out of the ward/stake budget, they come from Seminaries and Institutes, so the process is different.
hyuns89

Post by hyuns89 »

I recommend using a google form. It is less accident prone, more easily accessible, and keeps things more organized.

Here is what we use in our ward https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1WwYBXy ... sp=sharing

The section for ward clerks is only visible to ward clerks (collaborators). When we print the individual responses as part of our record keeping, we use double-sided so it fits on one sheet of paper.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

hyuns89, so you've created a form to fill out online AND require them to either print it out or bring in receipts that need to be matched up manually. I guess that's another way to do it, have you attempted to use google forms to see if it would allow for a receipt upload that would all be stored in one place without the need to follow-up so much manually? That was the beauty of the jotform, it was all there, receipts and all.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I've never used it, but it looks like Google Forms does have a file upload feature:
https://sites.google.com/site/scriptsex ... ad-feature

Return to “Local Unit Finance”