Printing Tax Statements

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
ulmo

Printing Tax Statements

Post by ulmo »

In MLS I see several options on the Print Donor Statements screen for the Type of Report, including both of these:
  • Official Tax Statements (United States)
    Official Tax Statements (United States-Letterhead)
I hadn't noticed the stack of letterhead paper we had in our clerks office, so I printed them all using the first option. After, I saw the instructions on a letter from Headquarters that seem very clear about using the second option and printing it on letterhead.

If we're supposed to use the 'letterhead' option from the Type of Report list and print on official letterhead paper, under what circumstances would the first option be useful. (And should I shred and reprint according to instructions?)
davesudweeks

Re: Printing Tax Statements

Post by davesudweeks »

I have not been a Clerk for a couple of years now, but my understanding is either are acceptable. The option for printing on plain paper is provided for wards who do not have letterhead (or enough) available. As long as the Church's information is provided on the page and has the Bishop's signature, it is an official tax document. What paper it is printed on does not matter.
wslade25

Post by wslade25 »

Hi... I know in the past I have called headquarters to order more letterhead. Is that still the case or is there somewhere we can order it online? I just used up the last of ours for statements.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

wslade25 wrote:Hi... I know in the past I have called headquarters to order more letterhead. Is that still the case or is there somewhere we can order it online? I just used up the last of ours for statements.
Sure. As long as you have an appropriate standard calling, you can sign in to store.lds.org, go to the Unit Materials area, and then choose "Donation Envelopes and Stationery." There you'll find Item 00096000, Stationery Letterhead.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”