Membership Record Number for Out of Unit Donations

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:09 pm

Membership Record Number for Out of Unit Donations

Postby ddsmdc » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:54 pm

Re: Membership Record Number for donations made by a member of another unit. Can I, the Finance Clerk, look up Membership Record Numbers for members outside of our unit (other Stakes) in regards to donations? No one in our ward knows how to do this. We've had several people from out of our Stake (missionaries and others) who donate without their Membership Record Numbers. At the end of the year and beginning of the new year, their donation reports won't accurately reflect how much they've contributed in the number isn't linked to it. If there is a way, please advise and give the appropriate procedure (along with the link). If not, hopefully this will come to the attention of someone who has the both the authority and inclination to fix it. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Community Moderators
Posts: 8278
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:27 pm
Location: US

Re: Membership Record Number for Out of Unit Donations

Postby lajackson » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:00 pm

At the present, there is not a way to look up the membership record number of someone who is not in your unit. The best way to obtain this information is to contact the donor and ask them for their record number, which should be on their temple recommend.

If you explain that having their record number will allow them to receive a more complete donation record at the end of the year, they may be willing to give it to you.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests