Budget Calculation

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
justin.scott

Re: Budget Calculation

Post by justin.scott »

Yes, I understand the Quarterly Report shows that, but how is the number calculated?

For example:
The calculation for YSA = (((SM attendance / Total Members) * YSA Members) * $$.$$ per person)
The calculation for General Budget = (SM attendance * $$.$$ per person)

I'm curious what the calculation is for YM or YW.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

justin.scott wrote:How are the budgets calculated for the Young Men and Young Women categories? Do they receive an amount per person, or is it calculated similar to how the YSAs are?
It is a set amount for each YM and YW who attended at least one YM or YW Sunday meeting during the last month of the quarter as reported on the quarterly report.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

justin.scott wrote:Yes, I understand the Quarterly Report shows that, but how is the number calculated?
I was referring to the Projected Quarterly Budget Allowance report you recently received in MLS, not the Quarterly Report. You can also view the Projected Quarterly Budget Allowance report in LCR Finance --> Reports --> Budget. It shows Amount per attendee, Parent Unit Est Percentage, Attendance, Total budget allowance, and Unit Deposit.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Local Unit Finance”