Pay for tithing envelopes?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
joshbingham

Pay for tithing envelopes?

Post by joshbingham »

I went to go order a box of Tithing Envelopes and it is now showing me a $30 charge? What is this? Is this new?

I do remember seeing some MLS message about charging for things they didn't used to charge for, but I didn't think it would be for so much. Does SLC understand they will need to increase our already meager ward budget if this is the new way they are doing things like this?
Josh Bingham
Ward Clerk - Palo Alto Foothills Ward (California)
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Pay for tithing envelopes?

Post by scgallafent »

Look in the Official Communications Library for "Notice, 6 August 2014: Discontinuation of 100 Percent Subsidy for Church Materials - U.S. and Canada," which addresses this.
joshbingham

Post by joshbingham »

Thanks for your response. I found that letter.

It doesn't address my question (if the church had planned to help ward budgets absorb these new costs), other than stating we should "plan" our budgets accordingly. Although 2014 ward budget was planned prior to this change, so in the end, we will have to take funds from a ward program that was planning on those funds. :(

Anyway, thanks brother.

-Josh
Josh Bingham
Ward Clerk - Palo Alto Foothills Ward (California)
bhyde01

Post by bhyde01 »

Where do you order tithing envelopes?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

You can order them from Store.LDS.org. You need to be logged in with your LDS Account, since they only show up for people with certain callings. After logging in, you can use the search box.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
bhyde01

Post by bhyde01 »

I can only seem to find the ones without the Bishops name and address. Am I looking in the wrong place? Thanks for the help.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

bhyde01 wrote:I can only seem to find the ones without the Bishops name and address. Am I looking in the wrong place? Thanks for the help.
What is your calling? I think you may have to be Ward Clerk or Bishop in order to order stationary online.
bhyde01

Post by bhyde01 »

That would make sense. I'm the finance clerk.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”