Auditing

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
evertt

Auditing

Post by evertt »

I began my first audit last Tuesday and the Bishop had to leave before we were finished. We were close to the end, but after reading that the work would be saved I exited LUFAS and made an appointment to finish up on Sunday. When I went in yesterday to complete the audit, it said the audit had not been started. I had previously checked after I got home from the first meeting and it did show the continue audit button, but now it claims it has not been started. Is there any way to retrieve the data I already entered or do I have to start over?
pricerd
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Auditing

Post by pricerd »

We are looking into this problem. When you saw the "Continue Audit" button it should have been a confirmation that the audit was saved. Audit information is saved automatically 10 seconds after any input.
At times auditors inadvertently start a practice audit and think that they are conducting a real audit. In practice audits every section of the audit can be completed, including the signatures, but nothing is saved after the session is closed. You can tell that you are in a practice audit because the screen background changes to green and the words "Practice Audit Only" appear in large letters at the top of the audit.
If you could let us know of anything else out of the ordinary that may have happened, and the browser you were using, we will continue to investigate what may have happened.
The short answer to your question, however, is that there is no way to recover an audit if the information is no longer in the database.
allenjpl

Re: Auditing

Post by allenjpl »

evertt wrote:I began my first audit last Tuesday and the Bishop had to leave before we were finished. We were close to the end, but after reading that the work would be saved I exited LUFAS and made an appointment to finish up on Sunday. When I went in yesterday to complete the audit, it said the audit had not been started. I had previously checked after I got home from the first meeting and it did show the continue audit button, but now it claims it has not been started. Is there any way to retrieve the data I already entered or do I have to start over?
Try using the same computer you used before. If the browser's auto-fill feature was turned on, there is a possibility the information was stored, and you just need to navigate to those particular data entry points to retrieve it. If it was under a Practice Audit, try navigating to the Practice Audit screen too, and see if that helps.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”