New style of deposit bags

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
aclawson

New style of deposit bags

Post by aclawson »

We just opened our new shipment of deposit bags and they are of a completely different style: the old ones had the two sections side by side and the new ones are stacked vertically. I never received any instructions on how to fill out these new ones so we guessed:

On the tear-off section, date and amount fields are self-explanitory, the "prepared by" line is now a single line and there is no longer a "verified by" section anywhere so both persons processing the donations are initialing the single "prepared by" line.

On the upper section the fields are:

Unit #: Check:
Date/time: Total:
Prepared by: (one person initialed) Delivered to: No idea, left this blank

On the lower section:

Unit: (wrote in ward name again)
To: (no idea)

If this is not the correct way to fill this out, how should it be done?
benjamincarleski

Re: New style of deposit bags

Post by benjamincarleski »

We have those style bags. The only thing we do different is on the lower section we fill in the Unit # next to Unit, and the unit name next to From, like in the top section. We don't fill in anything for the To field.
raherrin

Post by raherrin »

We have quite a few of the older style bags (circa 2009). Is there any reason we can't use them until our supply is exhausted?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

raherrin wrote:We have quite a few of the older style bags (circa 2009). Is there any reason we can't use them until our supply is exhausted?
When we received the newer bags, there was no notice to destroy the old bags, so I assume it's still fine to use the older bags. Most banks will accept a deposit in any kind of enclosure, so there should be no problem on the bank's side.
cbweatherman

Post by cbweatherman »

Wow, so these bags aren't "new style" to me. When I was a clerk in Alabama, those were the bags we used from the time I was first called in 2006 until we received the side-by-side bags in 2009 (which I consider the "new style" bags)! We filled them out just like Bro. Carleski wrote above, but we always wrote the bank name in "Delivered to" and "To", because no one had given us any other explanation.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”