Delete donor Slip

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
bookergrey

Delete donor Slip

Post by bookergrey »

Entered a tithing slip twice, check was sources of funds. Batch is closed how do I delete one of the entered slip to correct batch? Went to ADD/VIEW Donations, to date of batch, but found no way to delete slip. Seems that I have been able to correct slips in the past when doing tithing settlement corrections of donor, incorrect category, etc. Stumped on this one. Most likely a simple fix that I am overlooking.
gregwanderson

Re: Delete donor Slip

Post by gregwanderson »

If you can't delete the slip completely, can you at least change all of the numbers to zero?
bookergrey

Post by bookergrey »

Tried that, it allows to delete all of amounts except the check number and amount. With teh check number and amount MLS then goes into out of balance mode.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

bookergrey wrote:Entered a tithing slip twice, check was sources of funds. Batch is closed how do I delete one of the entered slip to correct batch? Went to ADD/VIEW Donations, to date of batch, but found no way to delete slip. Seems that I have been able to correct slips in the past when doing tithing settlement corrections of donor, incorrect category, etc. Stumped on this one. Most likely a simple fix that I am overlooking.
Once you've authorized the batch you can't change the total amount. I believe that CHQ will detect the discrepancy between the MLS amount and the actual deposit and make adjustments to bring them into line. If the categories aren't correct after they make their adjustments you can then correct them (again as long as the totals don't change).

Return to “Local Unit Finance”