Category:young single adults

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
lonnie_roper

Category:young single adults

Post by lonnie_roper »

I was called to be stake finance clerk, and received very little training. Our YSA ward is in our stake. The other stakes in our area donate to our stake for the YSA. I entered the donations into the single adult category, as I didn't find a YSA category, and then later on I added a YSA sub category. This evening as I was working on a problem I discovered a " Single adult: YSA category." Is this the correct category? We have $1100.00 plus in our "OTHER" category that I have been unable to find the origin of. I'm thinking it may be YSA budget funds.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Category:young single adults

Post by aebrown »

lonnie_roper wrote:I was called to be stake finance clerk, and received very little training. Our YSA ward is in our stake. The other stakes in our area donate to our stake for the YSA. I entered the donations into the single adult category, as I didn't find a YSA category, and then later on I added a YSA sub category. This evening as I was working on a problem I discovered a " Single adult: YSA category." Is this the correct category? We have $1100.00 plus in our "OTHER" category that I have been unable to find the origin of. I'm thinking it may be YSA budget funds.
First you need to be sure about whether you are dealing with a subcategory of Budget or a subcategory of Other. They are handled quite differently in MLS and by policy.

If you have funds in Other for which you need to determine the source, the best thing to do is to run a Income and Expense Report, choosing Summary to make sure you know exactly which subcategory the funds are in. Then run an Income and Expense Report, and choose "Details by Subcategory", selecting that particular subcategory. For the Date Range, choose All. That way you'll be able to see every transaction (in the last 3.5 years) that contributed in any way to that balance. That could give you clues as to whether funds from other stakes were deposited into that subcategory.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”