Fast Offering Disbursements by Electronic Check?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
bbcragun

Fast Offering Disbursements by Electronic Check?

Post by bbcragun »

Hi, I'm the finance clerk in my ward, and we are trying to assist a member with her Vonage phone bill. However Vonage does not accept paper checks. Their billing and payments are completely paperless. Has anyone encountered this problem before? Is there any way to do an electronic check? Or, what should be done in this case?

Thanks for any help or advice!
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Re: Fast Offering Disbursements by Electronic Check?

Post by Mikerowaved »

I was curious also, so I spoke with Vonage on the phone and it looks like you have 3 options...

1. (Not sure if this works with our LDS checking accounts) Cut a live check, then call Vonage at 1-800-528-7690 and give them the account number, routing number, and check amount. They will then electronically transfer the funds.

2. Make the check out to Walmart (or other such place) and purchase a reloadable pre-paid debit card for the amount of the bill. Call Vonage and pay the bill with the debit card.

3. Mail Vonage a check anyway. The person I spoke with said they WILL accept them, but it's discouraged as it may take a while to process and post. (She didn't specify how long.)
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Fast Offering Disbursements by Electronic Check?

Post by russellhltn »

Mikerowaved wrote:1. (Not sure if this works with our LDS checking accounts) Cut a live check, then call Vonage at 1-800-528-7690 and give them the account number, routing number, and check amount. They will then electronically transfer the funds.
From some of the past messages on the forum, this will likely fail.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”