interesting glitch Sunday at church. We started a new box of tithing envelopes and slips a few weeks ago.(the box was ordered either late Dec or early Jan.) Someone getting envelopes today pointed out the address on the envelopes we had out were for a bishop in FL.(we are WY) It turns out in the box there were about 50 to 75 envelopes for the wrong bishop. The rest of the box of envelopes had our proper address but one cluster split across 2 columns in the box didn't. Called the bishop for down there and explained so he knows he might get tithing from a weird location and spent most of the rest of the Sun school hour checking the rest of the envelopes to be sure they had the correct address on them. And announced it in every meeting till the end of church so hopefully we got it stopped.
Is there other action that needs to be taken?
Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Senior Member
- Posts: 697
- Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:34 pm
- Location: Huntsville, UT, USA
I think you've done all you can. I believe that when we got a new Bishop the instructions were to destroy the unused tithing envelopes with the previous Bishop's name. I seem to recall specific instructions to not use mailing label stickers to update the name and address on unused envelopes. Just get rid of them. After all, there's no charge to order more. (But I did use mailing labels for a couple of weeks until the new envelopes arrived.)
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests