Add Stake Auditor : any particular process ?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
gabrielra

Add Stake Auditor : any particular process ?

Post by gabrielra »

Hello,

I have a question about the stake's auditor :
For calling a new stake auditor, i must send something for someone or just, in my stake, make the calling and add a new auditor in the MLS ? There is anything in particular ?

Thanks for your time and sorry for my bad english.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Add Stake Auditor : any particular process ?

Post by aebrown »

Once the stake presidency has called a new auditor, the stake clerk simply needs to enter the standard Auditor calling into MLS. To do that in Stake MLS, go to Organizations > Other Organizations > Auditing. Then click Add Position, choose the position called "Stake Auditor", and select the member. Save and transmit your changes.
gabrielra

Post by gabrielra »

Ok thanks.
There isn't any document to send for the Area or somewhere else to indicate the new calling ?
Because the Presidency asks me if we need to send any document for the Church office.
simonawright

Post by simonawright »

Entering them on MLS is all you need to do to record the calling. The Area auditors will be able to see from CDOL those called as Stake auditors and CDOL will also give the Stake Auditor access to the online reporting system if you are using it.
gabrielra

Post by gabrielra »

Ok, thanks
daveywest

Post by daveywest »

It should be noted that an Auditor is not a "calling," and is not sustained or set apart. Serving as an auditor is an assignment that requires access privilges in MLS. The only way to grant that access is to add the individual in a standard calling on the stake MLS computer. The general handbook of instructions has some brief advice for selecting auditors, and what their qualifications should entail.
allenjpl

Post by allenjpl »

An Auditor is a calling. At least, Handbook 1 uses the term "call" when selecting auditors. It is true that they have not been sustained or usually set apart in the past, but I suspect that will change in the near future. At least, my understanding of the upcoming changes in the auditing process will make it more likely, as it seems that the changes are meant to bring everything under the same priesthood direct line of responsibility.

And auditors don't need MLS access, and listing them in a standard position wouldn't grant them access to the ward-level MLS in any case. They do need access privilege to LUFAS.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

allenjpl wrote:An Auditor is a calling. At least, Handbook 1 uses the term "call" when selecting auditors. It is true that they have not been sustained or usually set apart in the past, but I suspect that will change in the near future.
Indeed the handbook does say auditors are called. Handbook 1:14.9.2 explains how auditors are approved by the stake presidency and high council, and then called, but that they are not sustained and are not usually set apart.

And as allenjpl also points out, an auditor is then added as a standard calling to stake MLS, so that he will have access to the Local Unit Financial Auditing System (LUFAS) to perform his responsibilities.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

It's interesting – we were just talking about this the other day in our stake, how some callings are not sustained. Normally I have thought of a calling as something that is extended and accepted, then goes through the process of sustaining and setting apart. But what about auditors, or mission presidents, or even missionaries? Not all callings are sustained... This came up in our (Provo YSA) stake because we have three wards that will be dormant during the Spring Term (no ward members) but the bishopric is changing. So we are having them sustained and set apart on the last Sunday before Spring Term, so they can get started preparing for Fall Semester when their ward becomes active. They can't be sustained between semesters, because there is nobody to sustain them...

Return to “Local Unit Finance”