Is address to mail extra Other category funds authoritative?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
joshhansen

Is address to mail extra Other category funds authoritative?

Post by joshhansen »

On the "'Other' Category" page on Record Keeping and Technology Support, the third comment on the page gives an address to which surplus "Other" category funds can be mailed:
Finance and Records
120 North 200 West
Salt Lake City, Utah 84103
Attn: Corporate Receipting/Surplus Funds
However, Google Maps reveals that the address isn't the church office building, but rather a nondescript auxiliary building a block or two away. Maybe this is just paranoia on my part, but before I tell all of the clerks in my stake to send surplus funds to that address from a comment that I can't authenticate, I want to verify that the address is correct and corresponds to a building owned by the church. Can anybody help me out here? Just want to be careful we're sending money to somewhere trustworthy. Thanks!
eblood66

Re: Is address to mail extra Other category funds authoritat

Post by eblood66 »

joshhansen wrote:On the "'Other' Category" page on Record Keeping and Technology Support, the third comment on the page gives an address to which surplus "Other" category funds can be mailed:
Finance and Records
120 North 200 West
However, Google Maps reveals that the address isn't the church office building, but rather a nondescript auxiliary building a block or two away. Maybe this is just paranoia on my part, but before I tell all of the clerks in my stake to send surplus funds to that address from a comment that I can't authenticate, I want to verify that the address is correct and corresponds to a building owned by the church. Can anybody help me out here? Just want to be careful we're sending money to somewhere trustworthy. Thanks!
Good question. I hadn't noticed that before.

The old wiki article gave this address:

Church Finance Dept.
50 E North Temple St.
SLC UT 84150

It's possible that the church owns that nearby building and has certain operations there but I'm not sure we can take that comment on the RKATS as authoritative. It would probably be worth a call to LUS. If the address is wrong then they need to remove that comment and hopefully add the correct information in the article.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

joshhansen wrote:On the "'Other' Category" page on Record Keeping and Technology Support, the third comment on the page gives an address to which surplus "Other" category funds can be mailed:
Finance and Records
120 North 200 West
RKATS is supposed to be official. And the Church does own buildings in that area.

If you really are concerned, you will always be safe with the 50 E North Temple St address. It may take an extra day to get wherever, but it will get there. If you do this, be sure to change the ZIP code.
Finance and Records
50 E North Temple St
Salt Lake City, Utah 84150
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:RKATS is supposed to be official.
I think the concern is that it's in the comments area. While it is moderated, we don't know if it was verified before being approved.

I think that would be worthy of a follow-up comment on that page - to move the address into the article where it would be authoritive.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:
lajackson wrote:RKATS is supposed to be official.
I think the concern is that it's in the comments area.
Ah, then I would be even more careful.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

120 North 200 West is the Church's West Office Building (WOB).
You can see a glimpse of the church logo above the entrance to the building if you move down the street a bit:
https://www.google.com/maps/@40.771898, ... e0!6m1!1e1

Return to “Local Unit Finance”