Donations to missionary fund for family in another ward

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
rharline

Donations to missionary fund for family in another ward

Postby rharline » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:27 am

Is there a way for a member in my ward to donate funds to be credited to a missionary in another stake/country? We have a member that is donating money for her nephew who's home ward is in Mexico. We have been told to send a check to his ward, or have the family send the funds to his ward. Isn't there a better way?

eblood66

Re: Donations to missionary fund for family in another ward

Postby eblood66 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:30 am

rharline wrote:Is there a way for a member in my ward to donate funds to be credited to a missionary in another stake/country? We have a member that is donating money for her nephew who's home ward is in Mexico. We have been told to send a check to his ward, or have the family send the funds to his ward. Isn't there a better way?

That's the only way right now.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Donations to missionary fund for family in another ward

Postby russellhltn » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:11 pm

If this is the missionary's only means of support, then the support could be transferred to the unit local to the family. As far as I know of, there's no way to split the support payments between units.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”