Budget summary reports use wrong allocation amounts

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
rbowns

Budget summary reports use wrong allocation amounts

Post by rbowns »

I first noticed this last year and it took a while before I put the pieces together.

For all of 2013 the budget summary and auxiliary summary reports showed an incorrect allocation amount. The detail reports were fine. The difference is obviously confusing. I finally found that the amounts used came from the 2012 budget.

The 2013 year close out was done and no problems were reported.

I have just set the budget for 2014 and the summary reports are still using the 2012 amounts.

Local support has not been able to answer this or suggest a process to fix it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
idjeeper2

Re: Budget summary reports use wrong allocation amounts

Post by idjeeper2 »

Are you copying the data from the old budget to the new budget; or are you typing in the new allocations manually. I've never had your problem but I did see an option for copying the data and I can see where that might create some unexpected results. Then again, I didn't use the option so I don't really know what it does.
rbowns

Post by rbowns »

I honestly don't remember if I used the copy data option in 2012 or 2013 but I did this year. I have used it before and found it much easier to setup a starting point and then make adjustments.
Still any valid change to the budget allocated that does not show up on the report is a problem.
duncanevans

Post by duncanevans »

I'm having the same problem. All of the allocations are showing up correctly except for two of them. The Budget Allocation Summary Report is showing the 2013 allocation for two lines and the correct 2014 allocation for all of the other lines. The budget detail report is showing the correct amount for both lines. We changes allocations for some of the other lines going in to 2014, and those all display correctly in the summary report. I've tried zeroing out the two lines in the allocation and they both remain at the incorrect amount after that too. I'm curious to see if anyone comes up with a solution and will let you know if I run across a solution too.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”