tithing settlement sign up.

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
eblood66

Re: tithing settlement sign up.

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:
mrrad wrote:After the current year ends, the donor should also receive (and/or ask for) official tax receipts from the other wards to help them file with the government.
From what others have said, I believe that will flow automatically to the current ward. But it will not arrive in time for tithing settlement.
Actually, the ward gets two PDFs for those who donated in other units. They should have already received one in November which shows the year-to-date donations of those who donated in more than one unit. They should have printed it and distributed the appropriate pages to members prior to starting tithing settlement.

Another PDF should show up before the end of January with official tax valid receipts also for those who donated in more than one ward.

Both of these show up in the Financial Statements part of MLS.

Of course, this applies to the US and Canada. I don't know about other areas.
Deuel

Post by Deuel »

eblood66 wrote:
russellhltn wrote:
mrrad wrote:After the current year ends, the donor should also receive (and/or ask for) official tax receipts from the other wards to help them file with the government.
From what others have said, I believe that will flow automatically to the current ward. But it will not arrive in time for tithing settlement.
...Another PDF should show up before the end of January with official tax valid receipts also for those who donated in more than one ward.

Both of these show up in the Financial Statements part of MLS...
FYI: Our PDF for "2012 donations made to other units" arrived in MLS on February 2nd of this year, so I had to distribute them after the Official Tax Valid Receipts for donations in our ward went out.

BTW: This topic was also discussed in a post to this subgroup (Clerk and Technology Support > Local Unit Finance) on 10 Nov 2013 "Instructions & Question- Donation Statement of Contributions".
Last edited by aebrown on Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Add link to other topic
normanbarrylabrum

Post by normanbarrylabrum »

Norman Barry Labrum and Lynda Labrum
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

This forum is primarily for user-to-user support. You can not sign up for tithing settlement here. Please contact your ward leaders to make arrangements to attend tithing settlement.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”