Entering a Payement to the Ward

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
kalnius

Entering a Payement to the Ward

Post by kalnius »

I am a counselor in a bishopric. I had a situation come up today when entering donations that I have a question about.

We received a check from the other ward which meets in our building which was a payment for their half of an item we jointly purchased for the ward meetinghouse library.

This came out of our yearly budget under "administration." How do we now record this check and allocate it back into our ward budget using the "enter donations" section of MLS.

Thanks.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Entering a Payement to the Ward

Post by jdlessley »

If the other unit did not fill out and provide a Tithings and Other Offerings slip with the check then you can do that. The donor will be the other unit and write in the category, "administration", on one of the blank lines of the slip. Then process the check as any other donation. You will deposit the donation into the same budget category, "administration", as the expenses were written from.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

You process it just like any other check and place it in the Budget Category Administration. The same as you would if for tithing, FO, Missionary, ect.
kalnius

Post by kalnius »

Thanks, Brethren!

Return to “Local Unit Finance”