Bishopric Yearly Financial Training

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
eprn1n2
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:20 pm

Bishopric Yearly Financial Training

Postby eprn1n2 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:43 pm

Hello All
During the twice yearly Stake audit Bishops are asked if they and their Bishopric members have watched the Financial Training at LDS.org. What is the specific requirement and where is it located?

jdlessley
Community Moderators
Posts: 6526
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:30 pm
Location: USA, TX

Re: Bishopric Yearly Financial Training

Postby jdlessley » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:00 pm

Question 3 of the outdated (W6) ward/branch audit checklist that asked whether the bishopric members and clerks who handle finances have reviewed the online finance training in the past year has been replaced on the current (W7) ward/branch audit checklist. It is no longer a "formal" audit question.

The training referenced in the outdated checklist is found in the Finance section of RKATS (Record-Keeping And Technology Support) on LDS.org.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the LDS.org Help Center page or the LDSTech wiki?

JParnett
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:40 pm

Re: Bishopric Yearly Financial Training

Postby JParnett » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:31 am

When i was called to be clerk last spring i was shown these videos and told to watch them. Two months later i got around to wanting to watch the videos but when i went to see them they appeared to be taken down. is this true? has anything changed in the last year as far as the type of training available.

User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 14693
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Re: Bishopric Yearly Financial Training

Postby aebrown » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:25 pm

JParnett wrote:When i was called to be clerk last spring i was shown these videos and told to watch them. Two months later i got around to wanting to watch the videos but when i went to see them they appeared to be taken down. is this true? has anything changed in the last year as far as the type of training available.

Although I haven't done an exhaustive search, every video I looked for was still there. For example, the Record Donations article has a video (click the Watch link).

AlanTidwell
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:39 am

Re: Bishopric Yearly Financial Training

Postby AlanTidwell » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:45 am

Where are these videos? I am an executive secretary and our bishop has two newly called counselors and wants to show the video illustrating the companionship principle when counting donations. How can I locate those specific video clips?

User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 14693
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Re: Bishopric Yearly Financial Training

Postby aebrown » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:33 pm

AlanTidwell wrote:Where are these videos? I am an executive secretary and our bishop has two newly called counselors and wants to show the video illustrating the companionship principle when counting donations. How can I locate those specific video clips?

The Record Keeping and Technology Support (RKATS) site has a search feature. To find the video you are talking about, I did a search for Donations. Then I had to look at a couple of options to find the right article. The video you are talking about is connected to the Weekly Donations article.

User avatar
benjamincarleski
Member
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:03 pm
Location: Corvallis, OR, USA

Re: Bishopric Yearly Financial Training

Postby benjamincarleski » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:42 pm

jdlessley wrote:Question 3 of the outdated (W6) ... has been replaced on the current (W7) ward/branch audit checklist. It is no longer a "formal" audit question.


Just to note, the question does appear again as a formal audit question. It is question three in the Procedure Review and Risk Assessment section on the current W9 form released for this summer audit.

jdlessley
Community Moderators
Posts: 6526
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:30 pm
Location: USA, TX

Re: Bishopric Yearly Financial Training

Postby jdlessley » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:35 pm

benjamincarleski wrote:Just to note, the question does appear again as a formal audit question. It is question three in the Procedure Review and Risk Assessment section on the current W9 form released for this summer audit.

Additionally the question has been reworded. It now asks if the bishopric and clerk(s) have recieved training in the past 12 months. Viewing the videos is but one method of getting the training.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the LDS.org Help Center page or the LDSTech wiki?

lajackson
Community Moderators
Posts: 6144
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:27 pm
Location: US

Re: Bishopric Yearly Financial Training

Postby lajackson » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:24 pm

jdlessley wrote:Additionally the question has been reworded. It now asks if the bishopric and clerk(s) have received training in the past 12 months. Viewing the videos is but one method of getting the training.

The training may have been online, from a member of the stake presidency, or from the area auditor or his assistant.

It is still good practice to review the online videos, but there are other ways now to receive training that will satisfy the audit question.

User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 14693
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Re: Bishopric Yearly Financial Training

Postby aebrown » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:09 am

lajackson wrote:
jdlessley wrote:Additionally the question has been reworded. It now asks if the bishopric and clerk(s) have received training in the past 12 months. Viewing the videos is but one method of getting the training.

The training may have been online, from a member of the stake presidency, or from the area auditor or his assistant.

The actual list of options on the W9 Ward Audit form is:
  • From a stake presidency member, the stake clerk, the assistant stake clerk assigned to finances, or another member of the stake who was assigned and had the necessary knowledge.
  • By reviewing the lessons and other instructions found in the Record-Keeping and Technology Support section of LDS.org.
  • From the assistant area auditor.
The list on the S9 Stake Audit form only includes the last two options. I find it a bit odd that stake leaders have no option to be trained by any other person, except for the assistant area auditor, but that's what the form says.


Return to “Local Unit Finance”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest