Can ward checks for the Stake be handed to Stake clerks?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Can ward checks for the Stake be handed to Stake clerks?

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:I'm sure that depends on individual circumstances.
Our current stake president is very good about getting financial things to the stake offices in a timely manner. So are the counselors. So we are blessed.

I have lived places where it was not just the stake president who forgot where he had placed things. [grin] But where I live now is not one of them.
drepouille

Re: Can ward checks for the Stake be handed to Stake clerks?

Post by drepouille »

lajackson wrote:We do not require a donation slip. The check has a purpose stub, so we have everything we need from that. (Well, it is supposed to, but that's another issue.)
I just completed a review of deposits for the last two years in the stake MLS, and compared the deposit records in MLS against the paper donation slips in our files. I found several items that were entered into MLS incorrectly. While the amounts of each check were always correct, there were times when the clerk entered the wrong check number or chose the wrong payer.

I was able to correct most of these errors retroactively. However, there was one case in which the clerk combined three checks from two wards onto a single deposit entry, giving credit to only one of those wards. MLS will not allow me to correct that error, because it would change the total of what MLS considers to be a single donation slip. Ugh.

No worries. We will survive.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Local Unit Finance”