Financial Clerk Training - Audit Question

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
aclawson

Re: Financial Clerk Training - Audit Question

Post by aclawson »

As a ward AC-F I cannot access LUFAS to print out the audit form. According to the access matrix the bishop can, but not even the ward clerk.

https://www.lds.org/help/support/lufas/ ... s?lang=eng
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

aclawson wrote:As a ward AC-F I cannot access LUFAS to print out the audit form. According to the access matrix the bishop can, but not even the ward clerk.
Although I definitely was able to access the form 6 months ago, when I tried just now I can't any longer. It now says I do not have a valid assignment.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Things are being set up at LUFAS for the new audit period, and there is usually a short time in July (and January) each year when the site does funny things. That may be the case here and it may resolve itself in a few days. I no longer have access, but our auditors have said the site has changed significantly for this audit period.

I do not recall that the finance clerk had access to LUFAS or the audit forms. I think only those who actually process the audit have that access, bishops, auditors, the audit committee, stake president. If you do not need to electronically sign the audit, I don't think you have access. At least that is the way it used to be.
seanmcox

Post by seanmcox »

I'm a relatively newly called Ward Financial Clerk (one of 3). A few years ago I was a Stake Financial Clerk. I have been surprised at how I have seen no emphasis on the training. The current handbook wording that I could find regarding training also seemed vague on what was expected. Does the audit no longer contain an annual training requirement? (That would seem surprising. It always seemed fairly important to me.)

As a Ward Financial Clerk, I don't really have access to LUFAS
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

As for training frequency and subject matter, did you look at Handbook 1: 13.3.2 Stake Clerk? I know it can be hard to find everything as it's sometime categorized in unexpected ways.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Stake and Ward Audits—Question 3: Financial Training for Leaders
The stake president ensures that clerks, stake leaders, and ward leaders are taught their financial responsibilities and that they are adequately trained. The bishop has the same responsibility for all ward leaders and clerks. Some leaders and clerks may need occasional training; others may need frequent training. In previous audits, this question set a minimum training frequency of once every 12 months. Recognizing that this may be too frequent for some leaders and clerks and not frequent enough for others, the minimum training frequency of once every 12 months has been removed.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
seanmcox

Post by seanmcox »

Ahh, well, now I can see why training is seen as optional in my ward. (I think I may be the only clerk in my ward currently who has gone through it at all.)
4kckimball@gmail.com

Post by 4kckimball@gmail.com »

Yes, each 6 months both the Bishop and the Ward Financial Clerk are asked the following audit question:
Did each bishopric member, the ward clerk, and the assistant ward clerk assigned to finances receive training on Church financial policies?
Training on Church financial policies may be available by the following means:
• From a stake presidency member, the stake clerk, the assistant stake clerk assigned to finances, or another member of the stake who is assigned and has the necessary knowledge.
• From the lessons and articles found in the Finance section of the Help Center on LDS.org. (The Finance section is under the topic “Record Keeping.”)
• From the assistant area auditor.
brucepackard

Post by brucepackard »

Can you tell me how a new ward clerk gets authorized to use LUFAS? I have access to Leader and Clerk Resources but not LUFAS. What is the process? Thank you.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

brucepackard wrote:Can you tell me how a new ward clerk gets authorized to use LUFAS? I have access to Leader and Clerk Resources but not LUFAS. What is the process? Thank you.
The ward clerk doesn’t have access to LUFAS. Only auditors have access.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”