Financial Clerk Training - Audit Question

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Financial Clerk Training - Audit Question

Post by sbradshaw »

eblood66 wrote:... or you could (with the bishop's and stake president's consent) record yourself as finance clerk as well as ward clerk.
I don't think the finance clerk has any more permissions than the ward clerk. The finance clerk (if there is one specifically designated) is an assistant to the ward clerk.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

I've just checked the Users who have access information. At ward level, only the Bishop has access.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

sbradshaw wrote:
eblood66 wrote:... or you could (with the bishop's and stake president's consent) record yourself as finance clerk as well as ward clerk.
I don't think the finance clerk has any more permissions than the ward clerk. The finance clerk (if there is one specifically designated) is an assistant to the ward clerk.
I'm listed as Assistant Ward Clerk and Assistant Ward Clerk - Finance and I have extremely limited access. Basically I just get a page that lets me print a copy of the audit form. But one of those callings provides access to the form. I would assume that a Ward Clerk would also have access but from the thread so far it doesn't seem like it.
wtaylorbasil

Post by wtaylorbasil »

eblood66,

Thank you for your help.
lazbaz
wtaylorbasil

Post by wtaylorbasil »

Biggles wrote:I've just checked the Users who have access information. At ward level, only the Bishop has access.
Where to check what access which Users have?
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

lazbaz wrote:
Biggles wrote:I've just checked the Users who have access information. At ward level, only the Bishop has access.
Check my earlier post #19 on where to find the information.
wtaylorbasil

Post by wtaylorbasil »

Biggles wrote:
lazbaz wrote:
Check my earlier post #19 on where to find the information.
My apology Biggles, but the posts are not numbered. So which one is #19?

Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lazbaz wrote:My apology Biggles, but the posts are not numbered. So which one is #19?
I think he's talking about this one: https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 10#p166813
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
krotar

Post by krotar »

I contacted our assistant area auditor and the Global support in Salt Lake about this about 3 weeks ago. Ward Clerks are not even able to login to LUFAS. The Assistant Clerk - Finance can login to LUFAS and print the audit forms. You will need to have the Bishop or Stake Clerks print out the forms for you if you do not have an assistant clerk for finances called. In our stake, we are encouraging our ward clerks to do internal ward audits ahead of the official audit to help reduce exceptions and ran into this problem. I said that the ward clerk should have access for the following reasons:
1. The Ward Clerk is responsible for all of the work done by his assistant clerks - if they are not available, he is still responsible to make sure everything happens as it should.
2. In some wards, the ward clerk does all of the reimbursement/audit duties and the assistant finance clerk only does tithing on Sundays.
3. What if there is not an assistant clerk for finances called?

The response back from the auditing department was:
"We have discussed this several times and do not wish to give ward clerks access. This would add one more level of required security and would add more than 30,000 additional LUFAS users. We believe ward clerks can get needed information from the SAC or stake clerk"
wtaylorbasil

Post by wtaylorbasil »

You have made very important points. I wanted to be prepared before the external audit took place. I don'the know what/how long the questions are.
I will get the Bishop (we are supposed to reduce the work for him!) to review/print it.
Thank you for your help. Much appreciated

Return to “Local Unit Finance”