Retention of Financial Statements

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
drepouille

Retention of Financial Statements

Post by drepouille »

I know the retention rules for financial and membership documentation.

When I review all the financial statements in MLS, several statements that are still fairly new (less than a year old) have a "remove" link to the right. That implies it is OK to remove them, even though they have not reached their legal destruction age. I wonder why?

FYI, I have found financial statements in MLS and printed documents in my filing cabinet as old as 2007. I will likely destroyed anything created before 01 Jan 2010.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Retention of Financial Statements

Post by jdlessley »

drepouille wrote:When I review all the financial statements in MLS, several statements that are still fairly new (less than a year old) have a "remove" link to the right. That implies it is OK to remove them, even though they have not reached their legal destruction age. I wonder why?
The following is my experience in my unit's MLS. Unit Financial Statements (UFS) and Internal Records of Purchase (IROPs) cannot be deleted. The quarterly budget allowance reports, quarterly budget allowance estimate reports, and miscellaneous finance reports can be deleted. Those that can be deleted are not required for record retention as they are information only reports. We used to be able to delete UFSs but that capability was removed for the November 2011 and later statements.

The removal of the ability to delete UFSs has been discussed in other threads.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Local Unit Finance”