How to pay tithing online?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

brendalisa wrote:Just easier for us than trying to find a member of the bishopric at church all the time :)

And if you don't like having to "find a member of the bishopric" you can then mail your donation from home direct to the bishop.
travishayes

Re:

Post by travishayes »

davesudweeks wrote:
brendalisa wrote:Just easier for us than trying to find a member of the bishopric at church all the time :)

And if you don't like having to "find a member of the bishopric" you can then mail your donation from home direct to the bishop.
Just be sure to let your bank know when your bishop changes. We got a new bishop earlier this year, and after four polite reminders to one family, our previous bishop is still receiving autopay tithing checks in the mail... :(
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Re:

Post by lajackson »

travishayes wrote:We got a new bishop earlier this year, and after four polite reminders to one family, our previous bishop is still receiving autopay tithing checks in the mail... :(
Maybe the previous bishop should give the check back to the member and not to the new bishopric. I guess it is a good thing he did not move.
TuiotiTM

Re: How to pay tithing online?

Post by TuiotiTM »

They've had online tithing in Australia since 2006, and its been in New Zealand for about 2-3 years now, and most all members pay their tithing that way.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

TuiotiTM wrote:They've had online tithing in Australia since 2006, and its been in New Zealand for about 2-3 years now, and most all members pay their tithing that way.
Yes, if you read the earlier posts in this topic (and other related topics), you'll see that we're well aware that some other countries have had this capability for some time. This discussion is primarily related to US and Canada.
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

How does a member pay their tithing online once they have an lds.org member account?
It's not a matter of LDS Account rather than national bank systems.
As aebrown said, some (perhaps many) european countries can pay even online. But this rely to bank not Church system.
Griffindor107

Post by Griffindor107 »

Hey Everyone,

I was looking for another forum and stumbled across this posting. I was surprised to see that no one knew about how to pay tithing online in the United states. I've been doing it for about 2 years now and most everyone I know does as well. I live in Utah. I've uploaded the PDF from the church on how to do it to my dropbox account. You are free to download it and use it and share it with whomever you like. It is extremely convenient and it doesn't work like the old school "Bill Pay" that sends a check for the same amount every month. Here you go! Have fun! [Link removed]
John Griffin
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

If you would kindly re-read this thread, starting with post number 8, you'll see that the general church membership in the US and Canada are discouraged from using this process at the present time, due to the high amount of labor required to manually process the donations at church headquarters.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
milojury

Post by milojury »

Good Afternoon!
So I have been paying my tithing this way for over a year. I get paid once a month and I hate writing checks for tithing. Checks are not always deposited that same Sunday. Our ward has had problems with Bank of America losing two batches of donations a while ago. Needless to say, electronic bill pay is the way to go.
Should I stop using my bill pay and ACH to make my tithing payment? I think everything is done electronically, so I think there is no more manpower costs for CH. How would I be able to tell if this is the case?
Any advice?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

milojury wrote:I think everything is done electronically, so I think there is no more manpower costs for CH. How would I be able to tell if this is the case?
Is there some change that causes you to think everything is done electronically? As far as I am aware, this is still a manual process at Church Headquarters. I would like to think they are working on making it possible, but there has been no announcement to my knowledge that anything has changed.

If you have any information about a change in policy, please share.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”