Stake auditor mistake in LUFAS

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
tbutterf

Stake auditor mistake in LUFAS

Post by tbutterf »

I am on the stake audit committee and we had a stake auditor make a mistake in LUFAS. He should have marked an item as having an exception, but didn't. He didn't realize his mistake until after everyone involved had electronically signed the report.

Is there a way to "unsign" the audit report and add the exception and then have everybody re-sign the audit report?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

tbutterf wrote:Is there a way to "unsign" the audit report and add the exception and then have everybody re-sign the audit report?

While an audit is in progress, the audit committee chairman has a link to reopen an audit, but we have never tried it. Once the last person signs the audit (usually the stake president), the link goes away, and I do not think there is any way to access the audit again.

I suppose you could discuss it with your Assistant Area Auditor, or else fix the problem and retrain the auditor.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”