Correction of Financial transaction

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
jonstrom

Correction of Financial transaction

Post by jonstrom »

Hello, I am a new clerk and need some information on how to correct an error. I entered an offering amount incorrectly and it went unnoticed by the presidency member who signed off on it too in the MLS system. We didn't noticed the error until we were scanning the check into the banking system and the amount wouldn't add up correctly. At this point the MLS transaction was already transmitted and the batch was closed....but the check hadn't been scanned into the banking system. Not knowing what to do, we reentered the check correctly in a new batch, closed the new MLS transaction and transmitted the check electronically to the bank. Now the question is....what do we do to correct the initial batch that was entered into MLS in error? I don't see any way to adjust the specific transaction now that we had hit "send/recieve".

Please advise!
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

This type of correction to a batch can only be made by Local Unit Support (LUS) for units within the United States and Canada. Outside the United States and Canada call the administrative office that services your stake.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Local Unit Finance”