LUFAS- what version of Internet Explorer required for online audits?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
ron09
New Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:02 am

LUFAS- what version of Internet Explorer required for online audits?

Postby ron09 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:59 am

I'm a stake auditor. I was doing an online audit and got just to the point where I had entered all the figures for donations and deposits but Lufas wouldn't let me go any farther because IE was an older version. A problem with the computer wouldn't let me update it so I had to start over and do the audit all on paper.

Does anyone know what version of IE is required at the minimum for online audits?

Ron

User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 14693
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Postby aebrown » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:48 am

ron09 wrote:I'm a stake auditor. I was doing an online audit and got just to the point where I had entered all the figures for donations and deposits but Lufas wouldn't let me go any farther because IE was an older version. A problem with the computer wouldn't let me update it so I had to start over and do the audit all on paper.

Does anyone know what version of IE is required at the minimum for online audits?


I don't know what version of IE is required, but if you can't update IE you might try (with permission/assistance from the stake technology specialist) Firefox or Chrome.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20778
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Postby russellhltn » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:41 pm

You might want to see if you are on the current version of IE. Both WinXP and Windows 7 now have a newer version available for them then what was originally shipped with Windows. (IE8 for WinXP and IE9 for Windows 7). The newer version is more secure, so I'd suggest updating.

If you are already at the newest versions, check to make sure you are not in "compatibility mode". That makes the new IE act like an old one.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

ron09
New Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:02 am

Postby ron09 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:44 pm

That was part of the problem last time. There was a problem with the computer and wouldn't let me update IE to a later version. Since I'm audtiing the ward again tomorrow, no time to get permission to install FF or chrome so will probably just do it on paper. I don't want to start online like last time only to find I have to go back and start over on paper.

lajackson
Community Moderators
Posts: 6148
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:27 pm
Location: US

Postby lajackson » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:31 pm

ron09 wrote:There was a problem with the computer and wouldn't let me update IE to a later version. Since I'm audtiing the ward again tomorrow, no time to get permission to install FF or chrome so will probably just do it on paper. I don't want to start online like last time only to find I have to go back and start over on paper.


Just as a thought, if you cannot get the unit administrative computer to a level of browser that will work, your STS should be able to fix it for you.

At the same time, you may wish to consider using the audit on paper as working notes, then enter the audit online from home (if your home computer browser will support that). After you do so, ask the bishop to log into the audit system and sign the audit. Everything follows online from there.

Our auditors do this in branches where there is still dialup with no Internet support. Everyone discusses the audit findings, if any, the auditor goes home and enters the audit online. He calls the branch president who logs in and signs the audit from home. The chairman of the audit committee and the stake president probably sign the audits from home, as well.

ron09
New Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:02 am

Postby ron09 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:59 am

Thanks I did that last time with this ward but I just read this in the Lufa audit training FAQ

[size=100][color=#054471]Can I conduct an audit using a paper form and then enter the results in LUFAS?
[/color][/SIZE][font=Times ldsLat,Times ldsLat][size=84]No, not at the stake level. Audits conducted using a paper form must be submitted according to the instructions with the form. Only the assistant area auditor can enter the results from paper audit forms into LUFAS.
[/SIZE][/font]

lajackson wrote:Just as a thought, if you cannot get the unit administrative computer to a level of browser that will work, your STS should be able to fix it for you.

At the same time, you may wish to consider using the audit on paper as working notes, then enter the audit online from home (if your home computer browser will support that). After you do so, ask the bishop to log into the audit system and sign the audit. Everything follows online from there.

Our auditors do this in branches where there is still dialup with no Internet support. Everyone discusses the audit findings, if any, the auditor goes home and enters the audit online. He calls the branch president who logs in and signs the audit from home. The chairman of the audit committee and the stake president probably sign the audits from home, as well.

lajackson
Community Moderators
Posts: 6148
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:27 pm
Location: US

Postby lajackson » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:45 pm

ron09 wrote:Thanks I did that last time with this ward but I just read this in the Lufa audit training FAQ

[size=100][color=#054471]Can I conduct an audit using a paper form and then enter the results in LUFAS?
[/color][/SIZE][font=Times ldsLat,Times ldsLat][size=84]No, not at the stake level. Audits conducted using a paper form must be submitted according to the instructions with the form. Only the assistant area auditor can enter the results from paper audit forms into LUFAS.
[/SIZE][/font]


The Assistant Area Auditor can take a completed, signed audit and enter it into LUFAS. The stake cannot, because the stake cannot enter the signatures that are on the audit paper forms.

However, as I mentioned, the auditor may take his notes, in whatever form, and enter them into LUFAS. The bishop or branch president, if he agrees with what the auditor has entered, can then sign the audit and it is on its way through the electronic cycle.


Return to “Local Unit Finance”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest