Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:46 am


Postby UT2011 » Wed May 16, 2012 4:41 pm

I have a sister member that threw a party that was not church sponsored for members of the church. Would she be able to be reimbursed for the party?

Community Moderators
Posts: 6735
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:30 pm
Location: USA, TX

Postby jdlessley » Wed May 16, 2012 4:54 pm

This is an issue to be discussed with the bishop. The little information provided is not enough for anyone to point to any Church guidance. The bishop is the one who ultimately has to decide whether to approve or not a reimbursement request.

For general guidance take a look at Handbook 2, 13.1 and 13.2 Generally speaking, social activities are planned in advance, discussed by the ward council, and budgeting approved by the bishop in advance. If the party was not discussed with ward leadership, usually in ward council, and budgeted, nor part of any auxiliary program then there generally is little chance that budget funds should be used to reimburse this type of activity.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the Help Center page or the LDSTech wiki?

Return to “Local Unit Finance”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests