Which wards leaders can charge ward directly on store.lds.org

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
GrasseDD

Re: Which wards leaders can charge ward directly on store.ld

Post by GrasseDD »

This is a rather old thread, but I'm curious about it as well.

I'm a YM adviser in my ward--not an auxiliary president--and while I've had two Ward Council positions previously, I'm sure MLS no longer associates those with me (on LDS Tools, for example, it only lists for me one calling), and CDOL doesn't list any calling for me.
Just now, I added a temple garment top to my store.lds.org cart, and was given the option to bill the purchase to my ward.
That was just a test, and I cancelled the order, but I have had the opportunity to use it. A while back, the Bishop asked me to order a few materials, and we assumed I would have to be reimbursed. The "Bill to ward" option worked just fine.

So, given the assumption that I'm not mistaken about my calling, can anyone speak to how I have the "Bill to ward" option?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Your calling is listed as Young Men First Counselor.
GrasseDD

Post by GrasseDD »

jonesrk wrote:Your calling is listed as Young Men First Counselor.
Yes--is that a calling that should have "Bill to ward" permission?
Thanks,
D.G.
GrasseDD

Post by GrasseDD »

Odd, I got an e-mail notification of the following reply to this thread, which doesn't appear here.
Unnamed forum benefactor wrote:The list is restricted to the bishopric, executive secretary, and ward clerks for the online distribution center (http://store.lds.org) and anyone with the log on credentials at the Order.StaplesAdvantage.com (formerly EWay.com).
Since this was the first I had ever heard of eway access connected to the "bill to ward" permission at store.lds.org (I cannot imagine how that works!), I'm re-posting it for others. If it is secret information, I suppose the powers that be will also remove this post.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

I just renewed my magazine subscription online. I was given the option of charging it to the local unit. (I am in a position where I am able to place unit orders.

I did not do it, of course. But I was surprised. I guess we are on the honor system.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”