Donations Transmitted

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
emcruz-p40

Donations Transmitted

Post by emcruz-p40 »

I am going through our financial records in preparation for our unit audit and am coming accross missing transmital printouts. Is there any way to go back and print those out to show that the batch was indeed transmitted to Church HQ?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

emcruz wrote:I am going through our financial records in preparation for our unit audit and am coming accross missing transmital printouts. Is there any way to go back and print those out to show that the batch was indeed transmitted to Church HQ?

There is no way to print missing transmittal printouts -- you have only one chance to print these.

However, although your diligence is laudable, I wouldn't worry about this if I were you. There is no audit step that asks for these transmittal printouts. An audit covers a period of time in the past. Every single transmission that occurred during the audit period should show up in some way on one of the six Church Unit Financial Statements for the audit.

As long as there is no discrepancy between the CUFS and MLS, these transmittal printous are useless. Even if there is a discrepancy, in my experience those printouts are of little to no help in solving the problem. If these printouts have a use, it would be in helping resolve a problem in the most recent CUFS; once you have reconciled that, they really aren't necessary at all.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

Alan_Brown wrote:However, although your diligence is laudable, I wouldn't worry about this if I were you. There is no audit step that asks for these transmittal printouts. An audit covers a period of time in the past. Every single transmission that occurred during the audit period should show up in some way on one of the six Church Unit Financial Statements for the audit.

As long as there is no discrepancy between the CUFS and MLS, these transmittal printous are useless. Even if there is a discrepancy, in my experience those printouts are of little to no help in solving the problem. If these printouts have a use, it would be in helping resolve a problem in the most recent CUFS; once you have reconciled that, they really aren't necessary at all.
I've come to the same conclusion and shred them at the end of the year to cut down on the number of items I need to archive for the IRS. I hope I'm not wrong in doing this.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If it's the reports I'm thinking of, we just bundled them in with the rest of the paperwork (tithing slips, etc) for the batch and then tossed the whole thing when the retention period was up. I stored everything in a box the tithing envelopes come in. But then I had office cabinets that were wide enough to take them.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”