Order Donation Envelopes for new Bishop

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
princeldon-p40

Order Donation Envelopes for new Bishop

Post by princeldon-p40 »

We just got a new Bishop and need to order new donation envelopes with his address on them. How do you do that?

I've logged on to the Church's website for ordering materials but can't find the tithing envelopes anywhere.

Also, when I try to change my account information it does not let me delete the previous Bishop's information and add the new Bishop's information.

Any ideas?
opee

Post by opee »

princeldon wrote:We just got a new Bishop and need to order new donation envelopes with his address on them. How do you do that?

I've logged on to the Church's website for ordering materials but can't find the tithing envelopes anywhere.

In www.ldscatalog.com (after logging in as your unit), type STATIONERY in the Quick Search field. It should find "Church Stationery Order", Item 31986000. Click on it, and you will have access to a PDF file that you can print, fill out, and have the new Bishop sign. You can then either snail mail or fax to Distribution.

(Another way to find it is through the menu: UNIT ADMINISTRATION --> FORMS. It is listed alphabetically. Should be on page #2).

Also, when I try to change my account information it does not let me delete the previous Bishop's information and add the new Bishop's information.
I think this information (in ldscatalog.com) is updated when the HQ database of Bishops pushes new data to it. You have to change the Bishop's information with HQ before, and then have them call Distribution to update their DB for that particular Bishop. (At least that is the way I had to do it a few months ago when a new Bishop was called in our Stake). Your Stake Clerk should have sent in the changes to HQ using a form that has the old Bishop's information crossed out, and then new Bishop's information filled in. If they have not sent the updated form, then ask them to do that, or send an email through the Church Directory of Organizations and Leaders.

Hope that helps.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

While you're thinking about it, be sure to print out (and mail in) a new bank signature form from MLS and have the new Bishopric and appropriate clerks sign it. This is often overlooked.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bhofmann

Post by bhofmann »

I may be stating the obvious but make sure you log into the distribution center site with your ward's login credentials. You get more options than if you logged in as yourself.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”