Donation Statement Mailing Labels

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
JoeSchmoe

Donation Statement Mailing Labels

Post by JoeSchmoe »

Having finished up the year end duties which including mailing out a good many donation statements to "Out of unit" donors (we're a YSA Ward with a lot of membership turnover and out of unit missionary donations) I ran into a big problem printing mailing labels. Most of the addresses I needed to print were in the 'Donors' table only, not the main 'Membership' table. Why is there not way to print mailing labels off the 'Donors' table rather than the just main 'Membership' table ??

Have others un into this problem... if so, any suggestions?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Donation Statement Mailing Labels

Post by aebrown »

JoeSchmoe wrote:Having finished up the year end duties which including mailing out a good many donation statements to "Out of unit" donors (we're a YSA Ward with a lot of membership turnover and out of unit missionary donations) I ran into a big problem printing mailing labels. Most of the addresses I needed to print were in the 'Donors' table only, not the main 'Membership' table. Why is there not way to print mailing labels off the 'Donors' table rather than the just main 'Membership' table ??
You can print mailing labels for donors; you just have to access the mailing labels feature from the right place. Go to the Donor Statements area under Finances, and choose the year and statement type you are interested in. Then from the menu, choose File > Print Mailing Labels. You'll then be able to select whatever donors you want to include and then click the Print (or Preview) button.
JoeSchmoe

Post by JoeSchmoe »

I tried this last Sunday... worked exactly as you outlined.

Thanks so much! Appreciate the help.

Joe
thorupms

Post by thorupms »

Can this be done with the new LCR? If I click on the donor statements in MLS, I am redirected to LCR and do not appear to have the print label option online. Actually I'm trying to do this with the year-end tax documents.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

thorupms wrote:Can this be done with the new LCR? If I click on the donor statements in MLS, I am redirected to LCR and do not appear to have the print label option online. Actually I'm trying to do this with the year-end tax documents.
I'm not aware of any way to print mailing labels in LCR yet. However, you can still print them in MLS. Select Finance > Add/Update Donors from the menu to display the list of all donors. Then select File > Print Mailing Labels from the menu and it will let you select which donors you want to print labels for.
packjed

Post by packjed »

Thank you so much for this response! I think there a lot of others who are not aware of this and are trying to find a work around before Jan 31st. You saved ma a lot of work!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Our clerk went to the local discount office supply store and bought 250 blank window envelopes yesterday. We could order some from Distribution for next year, but I think they come by the 1000's, and our bishop probably won't last that long. This seemed like a simple solution for now.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”