Approval process v Distribution purchase

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
GrasseDD

Approval process v Distribution purchase

Post by GrasseDD »

New bishop here. I looked for some instruction or online training on the topic, without success, and would appreciate any references where to look.

All expenses get my signature for approval. It seems, however, that Distribution orders are exceptions to that. I get shipments at my house that I never knew about, and neither the packing slip nor the Account info at store.lds.org give me any information as to who placed the order, or how much it cost. In the case of the shipment received today, I would not have approved the purchase.

Thanks,
D.G.
eblood66

Re: Approval process v Distribution purchase

Post by eblood66 »

GrasseDD wrote:New bishop here. I looked for some instruction or online training on the topic, without success, and would appreciate any references where to look.

All expenses get my signature for approval. It seems, however, that Distribution orders are exceptions to that. I get shipments at my house that I never knew about, and neither the packing slip nor the Account info at store.lds.org give me any information as to who placed the order, or how much it cost. In the case of the shipment received today, I would not have approved the purchase.

Thanks,
D.G.
You should receive an IROP (Internal Report of Purchase) in MLS fairly soon after the purchase. I'm not sure exactly how long it take for them to show up but it should only be a few days. It will show the amount and should show the person who made the order. You can find the IROPs in MLS under Finance > Finance Statements on the menu.

I believe that you can return items for credit back to the ward. I've never done that though so I'm not sure. I'd call customer support to check on that.

You'll probably also want to do some training in Ward Council to make sure they understand that they need to have your approval before making orders.

I don't know of any particular training on handling store.lds.org orders.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”