Access to LUFAS?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
CWatsonJr

Access to LUFAS?

Post by CWatsonJr »

We have a new bishopric who will go through their first financial audit next month and I want to help them prepare for it by printing out the audit and reviewing it with them (I am the new ward clerk and previous bishop). I have not been able to find the link to LUFAS under leader and clerk support on LDS.org.

Is this not available to me as the ward clerk? I was able to access it and review it at will in my previous calling (under the Applications header). I looked at the Access table and I don't see LUFAS in there at all.

Thank you,

Cliff Watson
CWatsonJr

Re: Access to LUFAS?

Post by CWatsonJr »

I did go to audit.lds.org and signed in but I received a message that I did not have a valid assignment for the application. Is that because I am a new ward clerk or is it not available to me?
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

CWatsonJr wrote:I did go to audit.lds.org and signed in but I received a message that I did not have a valid assignment for the application. Is that because I am a new ward clerk or is it not available to me?
Yes, you are correct, it isn't available to you as a Ward Clerk. It's only available to the Bishop and those on the Stake Audit committee.
CWatsonJr

Post by CWatsonJr »

Thank you for confirming this.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

If you wish to do so, you should be able to print the form from MLS. Check that it is version W9.

They will also want to review the online training at RKATS.
CWatsonJr

Post by CWatsonJr »

Thank you.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

We did our audit last Sunday, online, but I checked the form version in MLS and it was still W8.
seangc

Post by seangc »

Hi I am on the Stake High Council & have been given access to LUFAS but still not able to bring up the training & able to do any audit's in my Stake I need to do before the 15/2/24.

Can you please get me access.

Thank you in response.

Cheers

Sean
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

seangc wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:49 am Can you please get me access.
This is a user-to-user support forum, not formal support. We lack the power to do that.

When were you given access? Many times rights do not come right away but can take 24 hours to kick in. I don't know if that's true for LUFAS or not.

You might also confirm with the person that gave you access that they completed the task and they selected the right person. Sometimes father and son have confusingly similar names.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

seangc wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:49 am Hi I am on the Stake High Council & have been given access to LUFAS but still not able to bring up the training & able to do any audit's in my Stake I need to do before the 15/2/24.
Rights in LUFAS are based on callings recorded in LCR. If you are on the High Council and have been assigned to the Audit Committee (and a calling has been recorded in LCR) than you should be able to view information in LUFAS and I believe you should be able to conduct a practice audit but I don't think you have rights to start an actual audit. If have been assigned to actually conduct an audit then you need to be recorded in LCR with the Stake Auditor calling which should give you rights to actually start an audit.

And, as russellhltn said, it can take up to 24 hours for rights to take effect.

So check with your stake clerk about what calling you have been recorded with to make sure it is correct for what you are being asked to do. They should make sure it is the correct standard calling and not a custom calling.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”