DAP and SIT unavailable- No Comprendo!

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
atticusewig

DAP and SIT unavailable- No Comprendo!

Post by atticusewig »

I was reviewing a Spanish-speaking unit's computer that recently
received a MLS message saying:
Estimado Secretario,

Un documento importante que requiere su atención habla de no generar gastos DAP y SIT. Se registra en: FINANZAS > INFORME DE FINANZAS > DECLARACIONES FINANCIERAS > MICELANEOS > "DAP y SIT No Disponibles".
Por favor revise el documento y siga los pasos descritos.
When I looked for a document in the Financial Statements I couldn't find one mentioning
DAP or SIT. Does anyone know what these terms mean ? Thanks.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: DAP and SIT unavailable- No Comprendo!

Post by jdlessley »

I am sure those are acronyms. What they mean is not important in finding the file. The instructions are saying to go to Finance > Financial Statements > Reports > Miscellaneous. Once that folder is selected then I think you will find the file titled "DAP y SIT No Disponibles". Selecting the folder "Miscellaneous" will only show a subset of all the files in the Financial Statements tab and make it easier to find, or see, the file.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
slb1900

Post by slb1900 »

"DAP" and "SIT" are, from what I understand, codes for banking covenants the Church has in certain parts of the world (e.g. Mexico). The Church recently changed our ward, and I understood the entire country, over to SIT. DAP and SIT are used to take out ward expenses from the bank, since our units don't use checking accounts.

When DAP and SIT aren't available, no one can do any expenses. From what I remember from the message, it said it would only affect April 18 and 19 and one more future date I can't recall. I don't know much more about DAP and SIT themselves.

EDIT: For the sake of completeness, I decided to translate the message in the original post.

Dear Clerk,

An important document that needs your attention tells to not create DAP or SIT expenses. It can be found in Finances > Finance Reports > Financial Declarations > Miscellaneous > "DAP and SIT Not Available."

Please review the document and follow the steps provided.

(I forgot to mention that the message gives the phone number for a member of the Church who could theoretically handle financial things during a downtime.)
Last edited by slb1900 on Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

That was one of the questions I was going to ask - what country are we talking about? I think atticusewig is in the US.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”