welfare commodity form

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
Newt

welfare commodity form

Post by Newt »

Has anyone heard of new welfare commodity forms? My RS president is asking if I know where to get some. I have never heard of these forms let alone know where to get them, nor am I sure what they are for. Any help is apprecitated.

Thanks
Newt
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'll hazard a guess that it comes from the Bishop's Storehouse for your area. One of the RS President's tasks is to assist in assessing welfare needs when it comes to items from the Bishop's Storehouse.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

Is this truly a new form or a new name for an old form? It sounds a lot like the Bishop's Storehouse order form.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The welfare commodity forms is a general term used for the two bishops' storehouse forms: "Bishop's Order for Commodities - Food and Supplies" and "Bishop's order for Commodities - Clothing and Household Goods". Both of these forms are available at the on-line store if the bishop does not already have them. My experience has been that only the bishop can order them using the on-line store order. The ward clerk can order them by calling 877-295-0003 in the US and 877-735-2008 in Canada.

These forms are treated like blank checks. As such, the finance clerk maintains the supply in our ward. The bishop will distribute the forms to the relief society president.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
Newt

Post by Newt »

Thanks for the information, being the ward clerk I'll try to order us some.

Thanks again.
Newt
adamhansen5

Re: welfare commodity form (Clothing & Household Goods)

Post by adamhansen5 »

The number posted above by jdlessley is to Staples. Staples gave me the Church worldwide distribution phone number [(800) 537-5971] to call. Distribution asked for our unit number and my name then asked how many forms I wanted to order. They come in packs of 25. You can only order 4 packs max (100 forms).
Gary_Miller

Re: welfare commodity form

Post by Gary_Miller »

You can also order them through the online distribution store. They will be shipped to the bishops home.
Wrog

Post by Wrog »

I need to order both of these forms and I have item number 33585 for the Bishop's Order for Commodities - Food and Supplies form. Does anyone have the item number for the Clothing and Household Goods? I'd like to have it when I call to make it more convenient for the person at Distribution.
Thanks,
Alan
br822334

Post by br822334 »

The skew # for the Clothing and Household user form is 3142200.

I had hoped to find an online version like the Food and Supplies form but have not found it yet.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

br822334 wrote:The skew # for the Clothing and Household user form is 3142200.
31422 000
Usually it's a 5-digit number followed by a 3-digit language code.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Reports and Forms”