Check Signature Cards

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

shackdaddy wrote:We have a new ward clerk. We have printed and sent in our signature check into CHQ. How long before we can have the ward clerk sign for checks? Will CHQ send something back to verify or confirm our signature card?
You won't get any kind of confirmation. The same day you drop it in the mail, those named on the card may begin signing checks.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
coullrj

Re: Check Signature Cards

Post by coullrj »

MLS no longer seems to have a print forms choice under Reports/forms, Would it be possible to find out where to find the check signature form has been moved to in MLS?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

coullrj wrote:MLS no longer seems to have a print forms choice under Reports/forms, Would it be possible to find out where to find the check signature form has been moved to in MLS?
The Signature Card option is still available, but the location has changed slightly in the 4 years since this topic began.

You can find detailed instructions in the Signature Card topic in RKATS. There are multiple ways to find the Signature Card option in MLS; one easy way is using the Finance menu under Finance Reports.
spring638

Post by spring638 »

We are a new branch with MLS version 3.7.2 and I can not find the signature card in any of the locations indicated. I have extensively searched through MLS and it is no where to be found. Is ther a way to get it off of the church web sight for leaders and clerks?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

spring638 wrote:We are a new branch with MLS version 3.7.2 and I can not find the signature card in any of the locations indicated. I have extensively searched through MLS and it is no where to be found. Is ther a way to get it off of the church web sight for leaders and clerks?
This post indicates that there is no Signature Card option for branches in MLS (for some odd reason, it is only available to wards and stakes). So your only option is to call the Global Service Center; there is no way to print a Signature Card on LDS.org at this point.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

aebrown wrote:
spring638 wrote:We are a new branch with MLS version 3.7.2 and I can not find the signature card in any of the locations indicated. I have extensively searched through MLS and it is no where to be found. Is ther a way to get it off of the church web sight for leaders and clerks?
This post indicates that there is no Signature Card option for branches in MLS (for some odd reason, it is only available to wards and stakes). So your only option is to call the Global Service Center; there is no way to print a Signature Card on LDS.org at this point.
The option can be there, I just had to have support turn it on. For some reason it wasn't available by default.
bradley_d_horrocks

Post by bradley_d_horrocks »

I am searching for the signature card on MLS also and following the instructions updated as of 16 Sept 2014 which state: 1.From the MLS Finances menu, select Finance Reports, then Signature Card. (Alternate method: From the MLS Reports/Forms menu, select Signature Card.)

For the first option I see the following 2 menu items from MLS finances menu/Finances Reports: 1)Donor statements and 2) Income and expense reports. No option for Signature Card.

I don't see it on the MLS reports/forms menu either. Maybe I do not have the right clearance to see it? (counselor in bishopric?) Or more likely I am not looking where I think I am looking?

From the home screen I click on the finance tab at the top, then scroll down to Finance Reports and look for signature card, correct? Or I click on the "Reports/Forms" tab at the top and should see the signature card option. It is not in either location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

bradley_d_horrocks wrote:Maybe I do not have the right clearance to see it? (counselor in bishopric?)
Seems likely. I'd check to see if the Finance Clerk or Ward Clerk can print it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

bradley_d_horrocks wrote:For the first option I see the following 2 menu items from MLS finances menu/Finances Reports: 1)Donor statements and 2) Income and expense reports. No option for Signature Card.

I don't see it on the MLS reports/forms menu either. Maybe I do not have the right clearance to see it? (counselor in bishopric?) Or more likely I am not looking where I think I am looking?
You're looking in the right spot. Right now, printing the signature card is disabled for your unit. This can happen if you reinstall MLS without restoring a backup. The Global Service Center can resolve this by staging a configuration file for MLS that will be picked up on the next transmission.

If anyone runs into this in the future, contact the GSC.
kevinf99

Post by kevinf99 »

In May or June of 2014, we sent in a new Check Signature Card, with my name added. But I just checked, and I'm still not listed.

I am listed in MLS as Ward Assistant Clerk. But my main responsibility is finance.

Is that why I don't show up on the signature card? Do I need to get the stake to change my calling to Ward Assistant Clerk -- Financial?

Thanks,

Kevin

Return to “Reports and Forms”