What does active mean?

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
rbuckner

What does active mean?

Postby rbuckner » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:15 pm

When filling in church reports, what does active Melchizedek Priesthood holder mean? What is the definition of active???

Thank you
R Buckner

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:39 pm

Which report are you referring to? Assuming this is a church-wide reporting requirement and not a local one, there's usually instructions on the form that gives the details.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

jdlessley
Community Moderators

Postby jdlessley » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:52 pm

To which report are you referring? Generally when there is a subjective descriptor used with a form there will be a definition on that form.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the LDS.org Help Center page or the LDSTech wiki?

crislapi

Postby crislapi » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:26 pm

rbuckner wrote:When filling in church reports, what does active Melchizedek Priesthood holder mean? What is the definition of active???

The most common report that asks for this kind information is the quarterly report (#6 ). If you click on the "?" it will give you a definition. In this case, active means their records were in your ward AND they attended at least one priesthood meeting during the last month of the quarter.

jdlessley
Community Moderators

Postby jdlessley » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:51 pm

crislapi wrote:The most common report that asks for this kind information is the quarterly report (#6 ).
There is no use of the word "active" anywhere in the quarterly report.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the LDS.org Help Center page or the LDSTech wiki?

johnshaw

Postby johnshaw » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:39 am

Active is a term used in the Ward and Branch organization application (boundaries etc...) - specifically in the YW and YM categories and MP and perspective MP. There is no description of how to define active in that form. When filling these out our stake has used the quarterly report to identify 'active'.

So I guess we would define active as attending at least 1 time during the counting month for the quarterly report.

jdlessley
Community Moderators

Postby jdlessley » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:15 am

JohnShaw wrote:So I guess we would define active as attending at least 1 time during the counting month for the quarterly report.
I would use something similar. Except I would not just limit the definition to the counting month. So my definition would be attending priesthood meeting at least one time each month.
JD Lessley

Return to “Reports and Forms”