Directory of Members New Problem

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
Daryl1

Directory of Members New Problem

Post by Daryl1 »

The Directory of Members looks good and is in order when viewing. When one goes to print it however, the form is scattered. What I am trying to say is for our unit it always only took 12-13 pages to print. Because it is now scattered it prints 23 pages. How to I solve this? Is this a new bug or other problem? Anyone else having issues with Directory of Members? I have never had a problem before with this report. First time :D This issue started after one of the software updates.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Could you be more specific as to the nature of the problem? What do you mean when you say the form was scattered? I just did a directory of members for my unit and had no problems. All the information for a household was on one row.

How the report is customized really determines the number of pages. If the default settings are used my unit takes 11 pages to print in portrait view. With all the options selected in Customize Directory the number of pages went up to 19 and the first column, Household, was compressed with address lines wrapped and very unsightly to get all the columns of information on the page in portrait view. In landscape view the Household column looked better because lines were not wrapped and the number of pages dropped one to 18 total. The column widths can also be adjusted before previewing or printing to get the best arrangement. Once I optimized the columns the number of pages dropped another 3 to 15 total in portrait view.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
Daryl1

Post by Daryl1 »

Let me go back tomorrow after work and try some of the settings to see if this helps. Give me a few days to report back.
Daryl1

Post by Daryl1 »

Thank you for the good tech help. I thought there was a new software bug. Turns out I was wrong this time.

With the new addition of emails along with other items added to the Directory of Members I have found one has to adjust the column widths in order to keep the Directory of Members when printing it out from scattering.

The column widths can be adjusted before previewing or printing to get the best arrangement. What I have found is when one selects all of the custom options then it becomes important to adjust column widths in order to keep the number of pages to an efficient minimum.

Thanks again for the help. :)

Return to “Reports and Forms”