HT & VT Reports not '100%' Accurate

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
BensMeister

HT & VT Reports not '100%' Accurate

Post by BensMeister »

I have a RS president who is very concerned that her VT report is never accurate because the current month is always included with the report.

Is there a way to have MLS ignore the current (and unreported month) printing their VT stats (This would apply to the Priesthood too of course, but unfortunately we are still working on 50% HT and an unreported month doesn't skew the number too far from the true percentage :()
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

Not that I know of. If you want to give her more to worry about, the statistics also include anyone who moved out of the unit that quarter. In other words, the statistics are calculated using all the households whose records were in the unit during that quarter, regardless of how long they were there.

See here for more.
carlscpa

Post by carlscpa »

In our ward if a sister moves in during the current month and is visited, we mark her as visited in the current month (not a part of the month covered by the report) but she shows up as visited in the preceding month (the report month). A little unorthodox, but it works.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

BensMeister wrote:I have a RS president who is very concerned that her VT report is never accurate....
Other factors that affect the report numbers that RS presidents don't like:
1) people who have moved, and thus cannot be taught, but their records remain in you ward due to whatever reason, count as a sister with a "no visit."
2) people who remain on your unassigned list for whatever reason (for example, those requesting no visits, and those from #1 above) will continue to be counted as a "no visit" and lower your percentage.

There are obvious reasons for these, but may be mis-understood by some...
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

BensMeister wrote:I have a RS president who is very concerned that her VT report is never accurate because the current month is always included with the report.
I'm not sure as I understand the situation. When I look at the VT Stats report, I do see the current month, but no totals across the months. So as long as you ignore the one block, there's no problem.

What report are you looking at?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
pbhanney

Post by pbhanney »

crislapi wrote:Not that I know of. If you want to give her more to worry about, the statistics also include anyone who moved out of the unit that quarter. In other words, the statistics are calculated using all the households whose records were in the unit during that quarter, regardless of how long they were there.

See here for more.

Except that this problem was taken care of several years ago with an update to MLS, so when these records are taken out they are entirely and completely removed from MLS. So, don't make your RS President freak out anymore with this old information.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

What I'm referring to occurred more recently than a patch released several years ago. Yes they are removed, but at the end of each quarter. And even then, it's not consistent. Some are, some aren't. That's my experience, not something I read off a release report. Easier to believe my eyes than a report.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

Ok, I just looked at the date of when I was having issues w/ name unknown. It was the middle of 2008. That's a lot further back than I thought it was, so pbhanney's advice might be best. I'll have to double-check to see if the name unknown records still exist. The whole reason for having them was so that stats could be accurately computed each month, so if they are in deed gone, I'm curious how they do it now.

Return to “Reports and Forms”